Refrain from giving booster doses of corona vaccine this year: WHO

GENEVA: The head of the  World Health Organization (WHO) has called on rich countries with large supplies of coronavirus vaccines to refrain from giving booster doses until the end of the year. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus also said on Wednesday that he was surprised by comments from a leading association of drugmakers that have said the supply of vaccines is too high to allow both booster doses and vaccinations in those countries. Those who are in dire need of vaccine, but they are facing their shortage. 

“I  will not be silent on the sentiment of the companies and countries controlling the global supply of vaccines that the poor countries of the world should be satisfied with the remaining doses ,” he told a news conference  . Till now, the US and other countries have started dosing or are considering a plan to give doses to vulnerable people.

Let us tell you that Corona is becoming uncontrollable in America. Patients are increasing rapidly here. To avoid corona here, now a booster dose is being given to the public. Now the situation is that to prevent corona infection, the work of applying booster doses of Pfizer-BioNtech has been started rapidly. One lakh vaccines are being administered every day in Israel. Most of these are people who are now taking booster doses after taking both doses of the vaccine. Here the infection is spreading rapidly even among children. 

So far 53 percent of the people in America have got the vaccine. Of these, 62 percent have received only one dose of the vaccine. White House press spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters traveling with US President Joe Biden in Air Force 1 that the Biden administration is preparing a new way to control the pandemic. For this, help is being taken from the public sector as well as the private sector.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *